Red’s Skinny Margarita
REGULAR : 300 CAL.
SKINNY : 115 CAL.
Agave Simple Syrup
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of agave nectar
- 2 cups of fresh lime juice
- 2 cups of high-quality tequila
- 1 cup of Agave simple syrup
- 6 cups of ice
- 2-oz. of fresh lime juice
- 2-oz. of high-quality tequila
- 1-oz. of Agave simple syrup
- OPTIONAL : Splash of orange juice
- First, prepare the agave simple syrup and add the water and agave to a small pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Turn heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes (stirring periodically). Remove from heat and let cool.
- For a pitcher of margaritas, fill a large pitcher with around 6 cups of ice. Then, place 16 fl . oz. of lime juice, 16 fl . oz. of tequila, and 8 fl . oz. of agave simple syrup into a pitcher. Use a long wooden spoon to mix to combine. Serve over ice with fresh lime slices and a salty rim.
- For a single-serve margarita, place a handful of ice into a cocktail shaker. Then, add 2 fl . oz.of lime juice, 2 fl . oz. of tequila, and 1 fl . oz. of agave simple syrup. Place the top on and shake to combine. Serve over ice with limes and a salty rim.
“Grown-Up” Sparkling Juice
- White or red wine (a sweeter wine would be best)
- 1 can of Blackberry Sparkling Water
- Ice cubes
- Frozen Strawberries, Blueberries, or Raspberries
- Add frozen berries to bottom of wine glass and muddle.
- Add ice and pour 1 part wine.
- Then pour two parts sparkling water, and give it a little stir.
- Sip and enjoy.